Tuesday, August 7, 2012

No Room For Judgement

Hi. This blog may take something of a different turn, but I haven't fully decided yet. Anyhow, I was reading one of my personal journal entries from last year and just wanted to share.
I know I've done things to tarnish how people look at/respect me. I've lost value in the eyesight of man and that's something I have to live with. I have to live with the fact that my choices brought me here to this place in my life or I can leave that behind and look upon myself as God does. He knew me before I was formed and I'm the appple of His eye [really don't know if I would be considered as a jewel]. You may be thinking, "You're just saying that to make yourself feel better." No. Loooking at someone as less valuable because they haven't lived up to my standard is easier to do. Seeing them as God see's me is harder because then it doesn't leave room for me to judge.

6 I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my words.
7 Wondrously show your steadfast love, O Savior of those who seek refuge from their adversaries at your right hand.
8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings,
(Psalms 17:6-8 English Standard Version)

Christ was without sin, but for our sake God made him share our sin in order that in union with him we might share the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21 Good News Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment