Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Losing Your Way and Regaining Your Momentum: Where Did It Fall?

So, this short entry and its title is inspired by a series of messages preached by Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC. The series focused on Christians regaining their momentum for Christ. I'd like to take that thought and relate it to life. Looking at my recent posts it's obvious I haven't been attending to this blog, and the reason was simple. I had lost my way during this time of change. Basically, I gave up. Change--especially long periods of change--is not easy. There's a lot of struggle, sacrifice, and questioning with some of the questions being, "Am I really doing the right thing?", "Am I trying too hard to get where I want to be in life?", "Am I trying too hard to become something that I'm not," & "How do I keep dealing with these failures?" But all of these supposed hindrances are just life's stepping stones to take us towards the change we're searching after. I encourage you to continue on this journey of shedding old thoughts, ideas, and/or perceptions, because they can't be a part of where you're going. If they could have been, you would've reached your destination by now.

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness..." (Isa 61:3 KJV)

"You can't expect beauty if you continue to hold onto your ashes." - Joyce Meyer [paraphrased]

No comments:

Post a Comment