Friday, August 6, 2010

Are You Sabotaging Yourself?

Well, are you? What mental roadblocks are you creating in your mind that's preventing you from moving forward? Have you considered the thought that you've created roadblocks to keep you from moving forward? Think about it. If your mind is in a haze and you keep thinking, "Well, what about this," or, "Well, what about that," you don't have to spend time making a decision. Making a decision means living with the choice you make. What if the choice isn't a good one? What if you shouldn't have made that move, took that trip, said those words OR what if you should have made that move, took that trip, said those words...

What if, what if, what if. It's just another reason to prevent you from moving forward in life. Moving forward involves risk because we can't see into the future. However, what is more draining to your life: taking a chance or remaining where you are? If you're like me you're tired, and it's from going around the same "what ifs" over and over and over again. Your mind is constantly spinning but you are physically getting nowhere. Why do we continue to sabotage ourselves with out thoughts, insecurities, etc?

Take a step. Make a move. We haven't gotten to this place in life by being afraid. To others the strength it takes to make your next move may seem foolish. Yet, that same strength will move you closer to becoming the person you desire to be.

Can we make the commitment with to stop sabotaging ourselves?


10 Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper.
11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever. (Psalms 30 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment